Monday, September 13, 2010

My First Post

I’ve never written a blog before so please, bear with me…

Today was a good day. Instead of needing everyone to do everything for me I was able to get some things done for myself! I cleaned out the refrigerator, washed all the lettuce for salads this week, put the clothes away, cleaned up the apartment a little, baby-sat my family’s puppy, and worked a little!

I think that is one of the biggest things God is teaching me these days…how to enjoy moments. Last weekend Dad, Mom, Jonathan, Blizzie (the puppy) and I spent some time in North Carolina with my Uncle Bob and Aunt Robin. I was still on IV medicines and feeling really out of it and I just prayed that I would be able to enjoy the moments when I really felt ok. And since then God has given me some incredible moments that I keep thinking about…

…laying out by the pool in NC in the evening and we could see the stars and it was cool and breezy and Jonathan was holding my hand…

…on Labor Day Jonathan made me a cheese dog…yes, it was delicious…a lovely hotdog, in a bun, with fake amazing cheese sauce all over it…

…walking up the flight of stairs to our apartment without needing 10 minutes to recover…

…spending Saturday morning cleaning (like sparkly clean!) the apartment…

…cooking “Maple Glazed Chicken” with sweet potatoes and mixed veggies for dinner tonight…

…going to the movies with my two favorite men…my Daddy and my JonnyBear…

Even though each day is full of challenges and testing and overwhelming things, God is giving me some great moments to hold on to. He is teaching me to close my eyes and soak them in and realize how important moments really are.

- Rachel

1 comment:

  1. The two of you are inspirations for what love and marriage and faith in God is truly about. Since I met Jonny, the two of you are in my daily prayers. God Bless You both.

    ReplyDelete