Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hopkins Date


Yesterday Jonathan and I had what I call an “All-Day-Date.” It wasn’t exactly like what you might think a date should be…but it never really matters where we are or what we are doing, we always have fun.

Our date was to Johns Hopkins in Lutherville, MD to see the Infectious Disease people. We had never been to that campus and with our history of getting lost every single time we go somewhere, I wasn’t sure how the ride would go. The only trouble we had was getting stuck behind an old man who was picking his nose…not kidding about that.

The appointment went really well! The doctor was very nice. We talked about all my medications and about possible treatments right after the transplant. I will probably do 2 weeks of IV’s after the transplant to keep the old bacteria still in my body from getting into my new lungs.

After the appointment we had a little picnic lunch that Jonathan packed us and then we headed home.

One more thing to check-off my transplant evaluation list…

Friday is the next thing…I would really appreciate some prayers for this one. I have to get a “Right Heart Catheterization” which is where they put tube all the way up through an artery and measure the right side of your heart. Up to this point all of the test have been relatively painless…a few needles here and there and several things that weren’t comfortable…but this one doesn’t really sound that great.

But I’ll be fine! I’ve got bigger things coming.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

- Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I had a heart catherization when I was little, before open heart surgery. I remember the whole thing, but I don't remember feeling any pain. I can only imagine technology has improved since the 1970s... ;-)

    You are, and will continue to be in my prayers. You are one absolutely amazing woman and I admire your strength.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Slick Fam! Prayers coming from Dalls,TX. Love, the Reeds

    ReplyDelete