Wednesday, November 10, 2010

On the List

Today is our 4 month anniversary!!! Being married is so incredible. I LOVE cooking dinner, I LOVE our apartment, I LOVE my husband!!! Even though things have been so difficult, I have never been happier! God has blessed me so much with Jonathan. He is my superhero. I think one of my favorite things about him is that even when our circumstances are so out of the ordinary, so scary, and so unpredictable, Jonathan never second guesses. He just faces each step with me…and he loves me. I wouldn’t trade my life for any other person that has ever lived because I know that God planned for Rachel Slick to be married to Jonny Slick…and no other person gets to say that.

So, happy 4 months Punkinhead!!!

We do have other news too…as of yesterday at 2:30 pm I am officially on the lung transplant list. One of the coordinators called me yesterday and said, “Well, I’m going to flip the switch in about 2 seconds and then you’ll be activated!” She told me that from now on my cell phone always has to be on and with me. I woke up in the middle of the night and heard a buzzing sound in the living room. I realized it was Jonathan’s phone and I started thinking, “What if it is Hopkins?! What if they tried to call me and my phone didn’t work and they are trying to call Jonathan’s phone?!” And so the waiting begins…

- Rachel

6 comments:

  1. You are on my list too, my dear! And with all that is pending, you are moving higher, as I think of you before the Father... you're the best! ........... Randy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you, Rachel, you'll be in my prayers!
    Keep a phone charger in your purse. My advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying often for you. Can't wait to meet you in January, Rachel. He is ABLE!!!
    ~Amanda Shih

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praising God for His timing, and His provision of a wonderful husband for you. And, waiting to see His timing and provision of your new lungs! Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are praying and are waiting and hoping for the Lord's perfect timing. Lots going on your lives and you can just feel the Lord's presence thru it all....Paul and Jeane and all the Briggs bunch send lots of love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel! Your sister, Mary, shared the news with me and I'm so excited for all the Lord has in store. You (and Mary) are on my "list" as well. I can't wait to see what God has in store...

    ReplyDelete