Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Milkshakes and TV

No more wisdom teeth! They are all out and I’m doing pretty good : ) The oral surgeon said that things went pretty smoothly, except for the bottom right one…he had to work on that one a little extra. Mom took care of me all day yesterday. She made sure I had ice packs on my cheeks and smooshy food to eat! I really wasn’t swollen very much at all yesterday…but last night my face puffed! The left side still isn’t that bad but the right side looks like I have a bunch of marshmallows stuffed in my cheeks. Mom babysat me again today. She picked me up and got me a lovely milkshake and French fries. Then I settled in for another day of watching TV and cuddling up with Blizzie. The pain meds I am on are really helping. Of course, I’m pretty much a zombie for an hour and a half after I take them, but at least it doesn’t hurt much!

It is really strange to think that this is the last step before I get listed. I could get put on the list next week. Then the waiting starts. I guess we’ll just keep doing what we’ve been doing. Take it one day at a time…and if that is too hard, take it one hour at a time.

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

God’s plans for me tomorrow are looking pretty great…another day with Mom and Blizzie! After the past month and a half of keeping up with my work, clients, being a wife, and going through the transplant evaluation, I feel like a slacker for not doing anything for 2 days…oh well, I’m not going to complain about it, that’s for sure.

Thank you all for your prayers...things have gone so incredibly smoothly and I know it is because I have so many amazing people praying for me. Please keep it up : )

- Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment