Friday, October 22, 2010

1022


When I first found out last month that I needed my wisdom teeth out I was really frustrated and discouraged and upset. I couldn’t figure out how everything would work out with the timing of things. But as I made the bed this morning I realized what a huge blessing these dumb teeth have been. This has been an incredible week for me. I’ve had time to be…to sit with my puppy…to watch TV…to eat ice cream…to watch Lost with my Jonathan…to work on my art…to be with my Mom…to do things that I want to do. And it feels so good. Almost everyday I’ve had some type of appointment and this week I was able to have some recovery time. So, thank you, God…I needed this.

I talked to one of the transplant coordinators on Wednesday. I told her that I have a follow up appointment with the oral surgeon on Monday. She said as long as that goes well everything should be set for me to go on the list at the end of next week. Wow. That is soon. Jonathan and I were talking about how impossible the timing seems. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Mary’s wedding are all so close and all so soon. But just like the timing of these teeth, I believe God is going to work it out to be the best possible way. I just can’t wait to see what that is…

And I don’t know if this is common knowledge or not, but this is the best day of the year. It just is. 1022 is my favorite number…and today is 10/22. I’m not sure what we are going to do to celebrate but I’m sure we will think of something fun : )

So, Happy Best Day of the Year!!!

- Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment