Monday, May 30, 2011

Bronch Results, Fun Stuff, and lots of Pictures!!!

Terri (my coordinator) called me on Thursday to give me the results of my bronch…NO REJECTION!!! She said everything looks great in there and that my body is accepting my lungs! How amazing! One of my dear little friends prayed for me when she first heard that I was having my surgery. She prayed, “Please help Miss Rachel’s body to be like the lobby of a hotel…that her lungs would just feel welcomed and safe and want to stay there!” As funny as it sounds, it makes complete sense! And I am so thankful that she prayed those special words…because that is exactly how my lungs are feeling!

We are still waiting to hear the results of the tissue samples they took, but hopefully there will be no signs of infection! I was able to go down on the amount of steroids I’m on! The lowest I’ve been in years and years! I also went up on my lasix so my feet have been less puffy for the past few days.

And now for the fun things we have been able to do! Last Sunday we did our normal Sunday routine. Unfortunately, returning to church on Sundays has been very difficult. Mornings are still very hard for me. I have nausea from the IV antibiotic I’m on and my pain is always the worst when I get up. I normally have to spend about an hour on the couch after taking my medicines before I start to feel better. So anyways, we went over to the Slick’s house for lunch, then went to my parent’s house for dinner. After we ate, we put Blizzie on her leash and the 5 of us headed over to the playground at the elementary school just outside of the neighborhood. It felt so good to walk and laugh and just not think about anything except being alive at that moment. It was one of those special times that I won’t soon forget. It was a good TV week too…Biggest Loser and American Idol finales! On Saturday we went up to Deep Creek Lake with two of our good friend who have a house and an amazing boat there. It was so relaxing to go flying across the lake sitting beside the man who has stuck by my side through such difficult times. The weather was beautiful. After so much rain and being inside the house so much, it was so refreshing to be outside in the sun. Yesterday we went to the Slick’s for a cook out with Jonathan’s immediate family and a few aunts and his grandmother. Again, it was so nice to be outside! After dinner, my dear friend Rosemary and her super great boyfriend, Justin, came over to our apartment for the first time! We showed them around, laughed, snacked, and talked. Rosemary and I have been best friends since I was 4 and she was 3. Although we live 3 hours away now and don’t get to see each other much, when we do get together it seems like we were never apart. And Justin is just so great! He gets my approval for sure!

Jonathan is at work this morning for a few hours. This afternoon we plan to go over to my parent’s and hang out there for the day! And I think I’ll have some extra time to work on some artwork! So very thankful for this day.

- Rachel

My pill box...I take over 455 pills a week! Crazy!
16 of my morning pills!

Mom and I at the playground...Mom's head isn't on backwards...
just the sweatshirt is!

My favorite monkey.

Daddy and Blizzie...she isn't really a big fan of tunnels.
Swinging!

The 5 of us <3


My second try at roasting chicken...right side up this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment