Sunday, April 17, 2011

Drum roll, please!!!

I just have to say this so that everyone knows, again, how amazing our God is. Just a few minutes ago I was going through my night-time routine of checking my temperature, blood pressure, taking my medicines, and doing my PFT’s. I mentioned in my last blog that my PFT’s are jumping up everyday…and tonight was no exception! My number tonight was 2.44!!!!! That means that I have a lung function of 79%!!!!! I can’t stop the tears that keep coming. I keep thinking of a song from a few years ago, “Every blessing You pour out I’ll turn back to praise! When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say, ‘Blessed be the name of the Lord! Blessed be Your name!’” I will be totally honest and say that these days have been so hard. I’ve been in pain, discomfort, frustrated, discouraged, tired, annoyed, lonely, and concerned. But God always knows when I need something to pull me back up and give me hope. Today He blessed me over and over with those little pick-me-ups. I spend the morning with my amazing husband and all we did was relax and enjoy each others company. Then we spent the afternoon and evening with my Mom and Dad…and the trip out for mint chocolate chip ice cream was great too! And then tonight doing my PFT’s and seeing such a great number…what an incredible blessing it is to have this gift of a new life with new, amazing lungs and to see after weeks of feeling not so great, to see in numbers that show how great it really is…I wish each one of you could know what this is like. Thank You, God : )

- Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I read your blog and all I can say is you inspire me. Praise the Lord for each and every blessing along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praising the Lord right along with you! Continue to share your journey! It glorifies Him and encourages us! We are thrilled with and for you!

    ReplyDelete